High-quality hangars are one of the best investments you can make for the long-term safety and quality of your helicopter. Pre-engineered steel helicopter hangars are the best type of building system to guard your helicopters and other aircraft.
Here are just a few reasons from a helicopter company in Montana regarding why you should make the investment in a high-quality hangar:
- Plenty of space: You’ll find some very large prefabricated steel hangars on the market, some of which are able to give you unobstructed space up to 300 feet wide. You need a lot of clear space in a hangar, so this is an excellent benefit of the structure.
- Customization: Hangars are easily customizable to fit your needs. You can work with the company engineering your hangar to get the exact length and width you need for your purposes, and get to some pretty tall heights as well. For example, many hangars are available up to 42 feet tall at the eave height, and even taller structures can be created with more in-depth engineering and customization processes. You can also choose from a wide variety of colors, trims and finishes to make your hangar look exactly how you want it to look, complementing the other structures and elements of your property.
- Protection from the elements: This is one of the biggest reasons why you need to invest in a high-quality hangar—to keep your helicopter shielded against the rain, wind and other elements that could affect its performance after long-term exposure. Many prefabricated hangars come with built-in sealing washers, sealed eave closures, die-formed ridge caps and other types of watertight protection features. You won’t have to worry about water coming through or other elements causing any issues—these structures are designed to be protective against elements of all types. In areas that are more prone to certain types of weather disasters, you can even get structures that have been designed to be resistant to lightning, earthquakes, blizzards, termites and more.
- Easily set up: When you choose a prefabricated hangar, the construction process is extremely simple. All it takes is assembly, because the structure itself has already been designed and all materials prepared and preassembled to a certain extent at another site. Construction time is significantly decreased thanks to this process—all it takes is some preparation at your site before the structure can be set up.
- Affordable: Prefabricated hangars are much more affordable alternatives to other types of hangars, simply due to their prefabricated nature. In addition, steel hangars are available for lower prices than you’ll find for other types of materials that are available on the market.
These are just a few of the biggest reasons why you should invest in a prefabricated steel hangar of high quality for your helicopters and other aircraft on your property. For more information, contact Rocky Mountain Rotors or visit our helicopter company in Montana. We’ll be happy to tell you more about what you should be looking for in a new helicopter hangar!
Categorised in: Helicopter Company