Why You Should Take a Winter Helicopter Tour in Montana
Helicopter tours in Montana offer tourists and locals alike a bird’s eye view of iconic sites, soaring peaks, towering mountains and frosty glaciers. You should take a break from hitting the slopes, and see what they look like from up above! Winter flights can be a great way to experience a totally different side of Montana’s vast, year-round natural beauty. If you are wondering how to make the most of your winter visit to Big Sky Country, you should consider taking a winter helicopter tour.
Wintertime helicopter tours in Montana allow you to experience the rugged landscapes of the Upper Rocky Mountains like you’ve never seen them before. Here are a just a few reasons why you should consider taking a winter helicopter tour:
- A winter wonderland: The Rocky Mountains are a snow-covered wonderland during the wintertime! You can experience the rugged peaks and craggy skylines of Montana’s upper peaks in a whole new light by paying them an aerial visit in the winter. There’s no shortage of interesting scenery to engage with during your off-season flight!
- See where you ski: The most common type of winter recreation in Montana is skiing. When you’re out on the slopes, however, you may be wondering what they look like from up above. Now is your chance to find out! You can see your favorite ski trails, and even use the tour to map out your next day’s travels.
- More availability: During the busy summer tourist season, you may not be able to select the time and date that you want for your helicopter tour in Montana. During the winter, however, you will most likely have a greater range of available dates to choose from. Booking with a tour provider well in advance guarantees your seat.
Places to tour
Providers of helicopter tours in Montana can offer a wide range of sights to see during your flight. Here are just two of the most popular places that are best visited from up above:
- Gallatin Range: This outstretch of the scenic Rocky Mountains is known for its stunning beauty and rugged aesthetic. You can see a perfectly preserved petrified forest, lakes, glaciers and more by taking an aerial tour of this esteemed site.
- The Grand Tetons: One of the nation’s most iconic mountainous formations can easily be seen from some helicopter tours in Montana! You can be graced with a bird’s eye view of the jagged peaks of the Grand Tetons outcroppings.
For more than a decade, Rocky Mountain Rotors has been providing high-quality helicopter tours in Montana throughout the year! You can count on us to show you the Rocky Mountain range like you’ve never seen it before. Our knowledgeable and well-trained pilots are committed to offering you a safe and enjoyable flight over some of the region’s most interesting and engaging sites. Reach out to one of our helpful associates today to learn more about our winter tour offerings and determine which flight is right for you!
Categorised in: Helicopter Tours