Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Teton National Park are known for hosting some of the United States’ most awe-inspiring vistas and natural landmarks. Filled with rugged mountain ranges, distinctive geological features, ancient forests and wide-open alpine meadows, there’s something for everyone to love in the Rocky Mountains.
If you only have a few days to explore these beautiful parks and their stunning surroundings, however, you may be wondering what you should prioritize when you visit. Both Grand Teton and Yellowstone in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho are host to an embarrassment of riches, and it’s important to ensure that you’re making the most of your visit.
Thankfully, there’s truly something for everyone at both Yellowstone and Grand Teton. Regardless of your interests, physical fitness level and age, you can find something that is sure to make your visit to the Rocky Mountains memorable and enjoyable. Here are just some of the must-do activities and must-see places to check out while visiting Yellowstone and Grand Teton:
- Raft the Snake River: taking to the water is a great way to experience the beauty of the region from a new point of view. While rafting the Snake River, you’ll see pristine mountain meadows and high alpine peaks surrounding you. You’ll also get the chance to encounter wildlife that you may not see if you stay landlocked.
- Spot wildlife at the Lamar Valley: The Lamar Valley, located in the northwestern part of Yellowstone National Park, is one of the best places to spot some of the park’s most iconic wildlife species, including elk, bison, wolves and grizzly bears. This distinctive alpine environment is a photographer’s dream.
- Kayak Yellowstone Lake: Most bodies of water in Yellowstone National Park aren’t exactly conducive to kayaking—Yellowstone Lake, however, is a noteworthy exception. There are several guided tours of the lake that depart daily, so you can easily fit an excursion into an already-busy day of sightseeing.
- Take a helicopter tour: If you’re looking for a truly unique way to experience the areas surrounding Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton, consider chartering a helicopter tour. You can get a bird’s-eye view of the scenic landscape and iconic mountain peaks that make the Rocky Mountains an international tourist destination. Helicopter tours can accommodate a wide range of needs and group sizes.
- Bed down at a historic lodge: Once you’re finished hiking and exploring for the day, you may be wondering where you should stay and grab a bite to eat. Yellowstone National Park hosts several historic lodges that are well worth your visit. You can experience the history of the nation’s National Park System and enjoy a warm bed and a great meal.
Rocky Mountain Rotors is a helicopter charter company offering scenic tours of the areas surrounding Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho. If you’re looking for a way to experience the vastness of these beautiful natural treasures from an entirely new perspective, reach out to Rocky Mountain Rotors. We’ll help you schedule a helicopter tour covering some of the region’s most striking scenery. Contact us today to learn more.
Categorised in: Yellowstone