Riding in a helicopter is an incredible experience, and it’s something that many people don’t have the opportunity to enjoy. If you’re planning your first-time helicopter ride in Montana, you want to make sure that you get as much out of the experience as possible. Understanding a little bit more about what you can expect from a helicopter ride can help you be more prepared for the experience:
- Dress for the occasion: Before you embark on your helicopter ride, you need to make sure that you’re dressed appropriately. You should wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt and jacket that covers your arms and legs completely. You shouldn’t wear anything that might be blown away in the wind, like bandanas, headbands, hats or loose shoes. If it’s wintertime or the weather is particularly cold, you should wear gloves and a heavier coat.
- Arrive early: Before your first-time helicopter ride in Montana, you will probably need to go through orientation to ensure you’re briefed on proper safety protocol. Make sure you arrive early so that you have sufficient time to review safety procedures and ask questions before your tour or charter.
- Listen for instruction: During your helicopter charter, it is imperative that you follow instructions from the pilot or charter leader as closely as possible. Wait to board the helicopter until you are told to do so, and sit in the seat that the pilot assigns to you. Helicopter pilots know how to keep you safe, and you need to be prepared to listen to their instructions carefully in the event of an emergency.
- Stay comfortable and relaxed: A lot of people have some anxiety when they fly, and this can prevent them from having an enjoyable experience on their helicopter ride. If you are afraid of flying, try to stay as relaxed as possible with deep breathing or by listening to music to calm you down. Remember that helicopter flights are very safe and you are in good hands with an experience helicopter pilot. If you tend to get motion sickness, bring medication along just in case you experience dizziness or nausea on the trip.
- Enjoy yourself: Try to enjoy your helicopter experience as much as possible. Take in the breathtaking scenery and focus your attention on the landscape that you can see from the helicopter. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for many people, so make the most of it by being present and appreciating your trip.
First time planning a helicopter ride in Montana? Call us!
At Rocky Mountain Rotors, we have been providing our clients with incredible helicopter charter experiences for years. We are dedicated to delivering the best time possible for all of our customers, regardless of their preferences or experience levels. Whether you need land survey or aerial photography services or you want to go on a sightseeing tour on one of our helicopters, our team is here to assist you with everything you need. You can learn more about all of our different charter options and get a quote by giving us a call today.
Categorised in: Helicopter Flights