Whether you’re in Montana for vacation or call the state your home, it’s undeniable that the region offers some of the best sightseeing in the nation. Montana’s natural beauty brings people from far and wide to experience the one-of-a-kind views provided by its national parks and pristine properties. If you are looking for a way to take in the natural splendor of the state, there is no better way to do so than through a helicopter tour in Montana.
When planning your helicopter tour, you want to be sure you get the most out of your experience. The following are five important areas to discuss with your helicopter charter company before booking your tour:
- Pilot experience level: Any pilot who is operating a helicopter should be fully trained and licensed to do so. You may wish to ask the tour company about its training requirements for pilots, and whether or not it mandates any ongoing training practices or implements any quality checks on flight safety. Pilots should always be up to date with the latest safety practices, and machinery should undergo routine maintenance.
- Company accreditation: It is very important that you choose a helicopter tour company that is certified and accredited with professional aviation associations. By being associated with professional organizations, helicopter tour companies are required to operate at a higher standard of safety and have an awareness of the latest technical advancements. Look for a company with certifications and accreditations from the Federal Aviation Administration, which is the governing body for all aviation initiatives in the U.S.
- Tour offerings: When it comes to selecting a helicopter tour in Montana, you want to ensure you book a flight with a company that will give you the best views and has experience showcasing the state’s natural beauty. Seek out businesses that offer tours of renowned national parks in the region that guarantee gorgeous scenery, such as Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park.
- Aerial photography experience: While on your helicopter tour, you will undoubtedly want to take photographs of the spectacular sights around you. It is worth asking the tour provider whether they have experience in aerial photography and can help you achieve the perfect shot. The tour company may be able to recommend a specific time of day for the best light, or take a route that positions your lens at the perfect angle.
- Seating and scheduling: The seating arrangement in every helicopter can be different. It’s worthwhile to ask the provider whether or not everyone in the tour is guaranteed a seat close to a window. Additionally, once you have selected a company you feel confident working with, schedule your helicopter tour as far in advance as possible to reserve your spot. Many vacationers choose to schedule their tours at the beginning of their trip, to help them get quickly acquainted with the area.
Taking a helicopter tour can be a once in a lifetime experience for you and your family. If you would like more information about booking a helicopter tour in Montana, talk to a professional at Rocky Mountain Rotors today.